Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where I get my stuff...

So, you got your hands on some milk, preferably local, whole milk, and are ready to make some cheese.  Where do you go to get started.  Well, locally the supermarket might have some Junket Rennet tablets, these are generally in the custard and icecream isle.  But the creme de la creme of rennet(and supplies) usually has to be found online.  I've had good experiences with quality and services from these good folks:


Glengarry Cheesemaking
Dairy Connection Inc.
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company


When I need help trouble shooting or just some great inspiration I look to the cheese forum for good solid information

Locally, gauze or cheesecloth is generally a better deal at your fabric store.

When it comes to cured meats supplies(homemade bacon anyone?), I really like...Sausage Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment